Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hiking to the peak of my mountain!

Korea's geography consists of 70-80% mountains (I've heard and read both).  So it's no surprise that there is a mountain to hike very close by to my apartment, but it is very fortunate!  I love to get exercise and to explore nature, so I go on frequent hikes, and over Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) I hiked to the peak.  It was fairly steep, and it was a real workout because I jogged whenever it was flat (to get exercise and to make it back before sundown). 


I headed out a little after 5 P.M. and the sun  goes down at 7 P.M.  That is the main reason I decided to jog a lot of the hike.  The view the whole way up was beautiful as sunset approached.


I actually thought I was near the top at this point.. not even close!


I thought this was the top, but it was just a random marker!


Like I said, very beautiful.


Still heading up!


This was about the top.  I did go to the actual peak a little bit higher, but this is where the view was.


Timed picture from a bench.. next time maybe I'll bring a friend along for this picture, haha.


1 comment: