Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lots going on!

Ok so I feel like there are many things that I would like to post about, but I do not because I don't have enough pictures or time.  Since I would like to share more about my experiences I am going to get a little more "wordy," and hopefully this will still be enjoyable!  :)

LOTS GOING ON:
  • I am taking Taekwondo now.
    • I am going to my 5th session in about 15 minutes!
    • I love it, and now that they know me they love me too!
    • I am mostly with middle and high school students, and 1 of my own elementary students!
    • It is 3 nights a week from 9-10 pm
    • I MAY be able to earn my black belt during the year I am here if I work hard, which is not my biggest concern, but would be awesome!!

    • I am instructing a breakdancing class for two of my 6th grade students!
      • They are two young ladies, and after just 2 lessons they are doing very well!
      • I instruct them for 30-60 minutes Fridays after school
      • It is awesome for them and for myself.  I used to breakdance a lot in high school, but throughout college I only maintained some of my skill, but have not worked to progress in a long time.  NOW I am looking up videos, trying new moves, polishing up old ones, practicing, and breaking out at clubs!  This is truly a win-win :D
    My two awesome "B-girls"



    Their notes and moves to study/practice


    • I just had my first acupuncture experience at an oriental doctor.
      • My co-teacher Jack's uncle is a regionally famous oriental doctor, and my back has been pretty knotty since high school.
      • Since I'm not seeing my chiropractor anymore my back is acting up, and Jack recommended I try this.
      • It was a little painful, but more than anything interesting!  I managed to sneak a picture of my hand with needles in it!

    There are 4 needles in my hand here, there were 2 in my foot, a few in my side and a few in my bum.  He wanted me to come back tomorrow but I can't make it, so next week he wants me in 3 more times.  Hopefully it does something good.  Jack claims this will 'cure' my back.  I'm a little skeptical that some needles will CURE my Scoliosis, but if it helps then I'll be satisfied.

      • I bought a new electric guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul almost 2 weeks ago, and my parents just mailed me my old practice amp and peddle for only $60, which I got today!
        • Still need a power converter that will fit the 3 pronged plug, but still great to have none the less.

      Also I wanted a bedside table AND had nowhere to storr my suit cases.  This solution just sort of happened on its own haha

        • I've been doing open mic nights here, like I did over the summer.
          • There is a foreigner bar called "Somewhere" which I have posted about before that hosts open mic every Thursday. 
          • I've been going and making friends with the guys up there and it has been a lot of fun.
          • Honestly I miss the Nick Zuber open mics at Hooley House, but it is still cool.
          • I am supposed to go with my co-teacher Eunji tonight, however I may skip out this week because I am SO busy.


        So as I said I am very busy and need to relax a little bit, but no time for that now!  haha  I have actually left lots of stuff out, so I will post again soon to catch up with all that is going on, bye!

        (Also I did find some decent pictures for this post, but I hope to get better ones with me in them, and some of Taekwondo soon!)

        No comments:

        Post a Comment