Sunday, October 16, 2011

Busan Aquarium Field Trip!

This past Tuesday instead of teaching 5th graders I got to go to Busan for a picnic field trip!  It's about an hour bus ride and we were gone from 9-3 like a normal school day.  First we went to the aquarium which was awesome!  I really should go to aquariums and zoos more often because they are very enjoyable for me.  The kids had a blast as well :]







Right outside of the aquarium.


Busan! 

Some awesome students :)



Big big turtle.


Mr. Cheung and his son.


BIG shark.


This is a fail, I was trying to get a picture with the shark's head right in front of my face while looking terrified.. but there were so many kids running around and no English speakers to help take it lol


Mmm, looks delicious..


Outside (after) the aquarium.


Next we went to a power plant right around lunch time, which I thought was bizarre, but we had our picnic right outside this nuclear power plant. Nobody explained what we were doing there to me, so I just went with the flow. We went inside and watched a 20 minute video about the power plant that was entirely in Korean, so I didn't understand a word of it. Afterwards we went to another part of the plant and it was like a little science/electricity museum! It reminded me a lot of the Great Lakes Science Center, but smaller. This was very cool for me, and I took a couple really good videos of it all on my phone, but I'm still working out the kinks on uploading them. In the mean time there are plenty of photographs, and hopefully videos soon!

SO I HAVE THE VIDEOS! But with some glitches...


Picnic at the power plant with other teachers.  The teacher in the blue across from me is the volleyball coach who was originally giving me some attitude, but now we're really cool.  I've been practicing and I'm pretty good at volleyball now, I guess that's the golden ticket!  haha


Where we saw the video at the power plant.


Another gripe with technology.. my brand new 'smart' phone took this video and glitched in the beginning. Because of this, all of the audio is about 10 seconds behind, so if you pay close attention you can tell when my remarks are supposed to be playing.

 

Student exploring at the science center.




Students taking a photo outside the power plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment