Monday, October 24, 2011

Quick Update

I have a lot going on still, so I'd like to give some quick updates!

  • Taekwondo: After 4 weeks of going 3 days a week I took and passed my first belt test, and earned my yellow belt!  This happened this past Wednesday, and today (Monday) I will start learning my requirements for my next belt.  I took a video of my whole test on my phone, but as you will see in the next bullet point, I can't put that up on here :(
  • I actually just LOST my phone on Saturday.  It fell out of my hoodie pocket on the bus, and it appears that it is gone for good.  I am going through all of the fun hoops necessary to cash in on my insurance for a new phone, but at least I got the insurance!  It will probably take about 7-10 days to get the new phone and cost 50,000 Won, so I may get a cheap temporary phone tomorrow.  I guess that is just a few thousand Won per month (a few dollars).
  • I am still enjoying my teaching though, and playing guitar nearly every class, so I am very happy with that. 
  • My social life is continuing to be satisfying, especially since I am getting tighter with my new friends and using Skype to chat and jam (on guitar)
  • Another unfortunate thing that has just recently happened is I blew my guitar amp!  Agh I just got it shipped from home for about $75 a couple weeks ago too.  Because the amp needed a power converter, and an adapter for the 3 prong plug, I had to use a couple adapters and a converter to power it.  I tried using just one of the adapters (that I thought was a converter from 110V to 250V) and I blew it.  Darnit! 
  • I have been practicing and working hard at volleyball since that is such a big deal here, and I am told I am becoming one of the best players here, and soon I will be one of the best 'Strikers!'  I was so frustrated that my volleyball 'skills' were laughable 2 months ago, so this is pretty big news for me!
So out of all the things going on, most of them are good!  Hopefully everything with the phone gets sorted out soon, and I'll have some new pictures up shortly :D

No comments:

Post a Comment