Sunday, December 11, 2011

Live Music Downtown

I spent a little over 3 hours downtown yesterday running errands, exploring Lotte Department store, and watching a couple high school students performing some songs with a pair of guitars.

I had to pick up my guitar amp downtown for the 2nd time.  I accidentally blew it a while back, got it fixed for 40,000 Won, but then it blew again.  The first time I know it was  my fault, but the second time did not make sense, it just stopped working mid playing.  The music shop offered to fix it for free this time which was awesome.  I went to pick it up Tuesday and it wasn't ready yet, even though it was supposed to be ready Monday.  That was a bummer because I had to take the over crowded bus there and back during rush hour.. at least it was a free fix.  I went and got it yesterday and it works great now.

There are two large department stores downtown, one I have already explored which is the Hyundai Department store.  Since I was in no rush and was searching for a couple odds and ends, I took my time and explored the other one, Lotte Department store.

The first tall building is Lotte Hotel, and right next to it (to the left) is the Lotte Department store.  Behind it is a court yard and the other part of the Department store, and that is where the musicians were performing.

When I was right outside of the Lotte Deptartment store I saw a couple high school kids performing!  They played a couple songs in English/Korean, and several only in Korean.  I took some videos and mixed them together.  They performed "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, then Let It Be by the Beatles (obviously).  They did one other popular American song, but I'm not sure of it's name.  He also at the end you can see that he played the Kazoo for a little bit too!  I apologize for the poor sound quality from my phone, but the main singer (on the left) was very talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment