Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Carols!!

I have continued doing songs with my students, and this time included the 3rd and 4th graders!  We had Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells competitions over the last couple weeks and I have some great videos from those!


Here are the 3rd graders on their BEST behavior, lol.  This is also their first year studying English, so they do a wonderful job here!


Here is my favorite class, the 4th graders.  They are just amazing, even when I catch myself being boring haha



Here is the 5th graders doing Jingle Bells.  My favorite singers in the school!


Here are my 6th graders, and as usual half of them are over enthused and half are under.  Either way they are entertaining!

Now for a couple notes about the videos.  It is sometimes hard to see how the winners, ARE the winners by these videos because I am judging their whole performance, not just the clips used.  Also these songs were not rehearsed as much as I would have liked due to the upcoming break, so many classes could not sing ALL of the verses (mainly for Jingle Bells, I mean.. how many English speakers even know the whole song?).  The ones that you see singing the 2nd and 3rd verse did so well because they knew them at all.  The runners up actually sound better to me on THESE videos, but the winners sounded just as good or better.  

Finally, I must say, that I am still overwhelmed by the Let It Be performances previously posted.  That was such a high bar in my opinion that the rest of the songs will have to be masterfully done to compete!  Hopefully I provide some amazing competition next year, hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment