Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Orange Belt!

I did just earn my Orange belt in Taekwondo last Thursday, so I thought I would share the video of that.  I think the video of my Yellow belt was a better performance, but that got lost with my long lost phone.  The reason this performance is a little 'choppy' is because of the language barrier.  I knew the moves to do, but I didn't always know when to do them. 

There are four parts for this test.  The first is the basic action, which I know, but did not know I had to 'cry' or make the "aye" sound.  The second part is pumsei 2 which is the series of punches, kicks and blocks I memorized.  The third is the kicking test.  And the last is breaking the boards (there were two stacked). 



I did reach the third belt in under 2 months, so there is a chance that I will earn the Black belt before the year is up!  My friends and I met a girl that was just about to go back home (to California) and had just earned her Black belt when we went to Busan for Halloween a few weeks ago.  She actually stayed in Korea 2 months longer than planned so that she could take the Black belt test before she left.  She said it was very worth it; it's done in front of a huge crowd, and you get a big plaque certificate!

The boy with the glasses right in front of my fist was one of my break-dancers.  The one right behind my fist is a high schooler who just started coming a few weeks ago.  He and I and have so much fun just teasing each other and competing all the time.  I just love Taekwondo!

No comments:

Post a Comment