Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Green Belt!

I just took and passed my Green Belt test, which was very exciting!  Normally the test just consists of the "basic action," the "poomse" for that test, a kick test and then breaking a board.  This time I did all 4 poomses that I've learned (had to go back and practice), and learn the basic action a little quicker than I would have liked.  It was pretty tricky, and I am going on vacation, so we decided two days ago that I would take the test today.  I actually think I did really good, except I almost bombed it with the board breaking!  Ahhh that's usually the easiest part!  But I got it :)



At the end I said "3rd times a charm" haha

On my way out Master Lee gave me a gift; a framed, cloth stitching of the belts!  He then got his phone out and showed me on his translator: "a high, noble goal," then said "Black belt."  That is quite exciting!  I have to earn the purple, blue, brown, red and then Black (the red-black is only for children).

No comments:

Post a Comment