Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Almost Halfway Through the Year!



I have been in Korea for about 5 1/2 months, meaning I am unbelievably almost halfway done with my year contract!  I have just returned from my second vacation (which will have an elaborate post soon) and am excited to see my students again!

Right now is about the time I need to start looking a lot more closely about my options for next year, which are looking less and less like they will be back in the States.  Awe who am I kidding, I HAVE to continue this amazing experience, while I wait for the job economy to improve back home.  Whether that's an excuse or not, it's true, and I have many options for next year.  I may stay in Korea for a second year, or I may move on to another country.  However, after my recent vacation to Seoul and Jeju Island I am strongly considering a second year in Korea, but in one of those two areas, as opposed to Ulsan again (which I also love).

My other options include Japan, China and Taiwan.  There are other desirable options, but looking at this from a saving money/traveling perspective, Beautiful South East Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines) are basically ruled out.  My goal for the month of February is to get several application processes going, and to rank my choices, knowing I may not get my first choice.  If all else fails though, I am secured my current job a second year, as long as I commit by May, so I have plenty of time.


Oh, the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment