Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ryan Teacher in the News!

The Ulsan Whale Festival and Dragon Boat Races are a big deal in our city, so of course the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) had full coverage of the event.  Due to my enthusiasm and outrageous attire, I was selected to be interviewed before and after my first race.  I didn't count on actually making the news, nor did I plan on seeing it if I did, however a Korean friend of mine messaged me the other day telling me that she saw me on the news (and that I was going to be a star, lol).  I thought that that was great, but didn't think I'd ever get to see it.  However today my friend posted in one of our (many) Facebook groups of foreign teachers here in Ulsan, sharing the link to the KBS website with the video!  They put both clips of me in there, and even took footage of me getting my oar and walking to the boat!  It is pretty cool, and now I'm hoping they cover my band's first concert (at an outdoor festival) this Saturday, because then I really might turn into a star here!  haha

To view the video might be a little tricky, but if you really want to see it just follow these directions:

  1. Click on the link above ^^^
  2. Click on the link that says "2012-5-14"
  3. Click on the little 'TV' symbol that says '300'
  4. You need to log into the website, so use the following account:
    1. Username: ulsannarwhal
    2. Password: blubber123
  5. Once you have logged in you should be able to view the video.
  6. It is 16 minutes long, but the part my friends and I are in starts at 5:40 and ends at 7:40, so you can skip ahead.
Trouble shooting:  
  • One friend claimed that it only worked for him using Internet Explorer.
  • Pop-up blockers can be an issue.
  • If it doesn't work, make sure you're signed in, then try the link again (or refresh your browser).
  • If you don't see the 2012-5-14, try going back in the archives.
  • It is all in Korean, so hopefully these directions serve you well! 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment