Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dad Is Coming To Korea!

I am super excited for this fall.  I will go home to visit both my hometown of Painesville, Ohio and my college town of Toledo during the last week of August and the first week of September.  That will be so great to see everyone, tell some of the stories I have from my travels, and see how weird America seems after a year in Korea (reverse culture shock!)



Less than 1 month after I arrive back in Korea my father Mike Manary will be making the long flight to Asia for a visit!  He will come during the Chusok holiday (similar to American Thanksgiving), so I will have a couple vacation days to show him around.  My mom Theresa is a little too uncomfortable flying, especially for a crazy long 13 hour flight across the world, so she is staying behind (she's just happy she will see me that month anyways).


Here is a picture of me, my Dad, my Mom and brother Pat that was taken last summer.

It is still 5 months away, but most of that week is planned!  Dad will arrive Saturday evening in Busan, and we will do something easy going in Busan or Ulsan.  Sunday morning we might go to Mr. Park's parents' house for his Chusok family gathering.  During the afternoon Mr. Park and his family will visit their relatives graves, while Dad and I go exploring Ulsan.  I will have Monday and Wednesday off that week, so if the weather is good we will probably go on a hike or visit Paraeso Falls on Monday.  Tuesday he will come to school with me, and I will do a special class that involves him in some way (he can even give a lecture if he wants!  hint-hint ;)  Wednesday Mr. Park will take us to see some temples or parks all day, and then will have us over his parents' house again for a traditional Korean dinner.  Thursday we will go to school again, but this time I will be teaching my normal classes, so he can observe how I normally teach.  One of those nights we will go out with my friends for dinner, so he can meet a lot of the people I hang out with.  It will be an awesome time!


Here is Mr. Park and his family.  This is at a temple that he took me when I was new to Ulsan.  He is more than happy to help visitors experience beautiful places like this.

I am very excited for my father's visit, and it looks like my brother might make a trip out here sometime next year!  If anyone has the time and money to come out and visit, you are more than welcome!  I have a friend here from England, and 4 of his friends surprised him by coming for a visit, so it is an option every/anyone!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you get to see your dad. Has he ever been to Korea before? If you like stop by my blog and feel free to comment.

    ReplyDelete