Thursday, July 5, 2012

Food Stuff.

Every once in a while I have a unique eating experience that deserves a picture on my phone or some kind of notice on here.  I like to experiment with cooking, so if you were to look through my phone you would find a lot of random photos of things I've cooked.  Here are some things from my apartment and from restaurants.


Here is a taste of home for me.  I always used to make homemade fries (especially in college) because they were cheap, easy to make and very delicious.  Unfortunately potatoes are basically $1.00 a piece here (5 bucks for 5 potatoes instead of 5 bucks for a whole sack), and I don't have my deep fryer, so I make these a little less often nowadays.  On the grill right next to the fries is one of my 'famous' melts.  I have been known to make all kinds of different styled melts (basically a grilled cheese + sauce + some kind of meat in the middle) over the years.  This is a BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Melt.  Soooo good!


This is basically just spicy/cheesy fried rice, which I make all of the time.  What was special about eating it this time is that it was my breakfast!  I have been pretty consistent with my breakfast of either a fried egg on a piece of toast or a piece of fruit.  I finally crossed over to the Korean style of eating rice for 3 meals a day.  They actually call meals 'bap' or 밥  which literally means 'rice.'  I have now done this 3 times I believe, and as it is delicious, it just doesn't feel like breakfast..


Here is one of the more interesting things I have eaten so far.  This is a special dish (that they cook right in front of you) with shrimp, rice dumplings, lots of vegetables, octopus, and OCTOPUS INTESTINES!  


I am pretty brave when it comes to trying new foods, so I dug right in, and it was unbelievably delicious!  I was amazed, and there definitely weren't enough intestines in that stew.. who'd ever have imagined I would make that statement in my life?  Hah.


The octopus restaurant was 'round 1' of a teachers' night out.  This is what round 2 looks like, beer + chicken.  Round 3 was the norebang (singing room).  It's always a good time :D

1 comment:

  1. The spicy rice looks good. Not sure if I would try octopus. Not to big on fish/seafood. Is it completley dead when you eat it? I saw something one time on Travel Channel and the octopus tentacles were still moving. *Shudders*. Does Korea typically use gas or electric stove? Looks like fun in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete