Sunday, July 29, 2012

Amazing Beach Festival!

This past weekend we had our last big show as 'Stache Potatoes.  We are all going on vacations at different times over the next month, and this was our finale.  I must say we did go out on a high note, as this was our biggest and maybe best show.  I couldn't see a thing (blinded by the light..), Tom's hand kept cramping up, and Keenan about lost his voice during our set, but somehow it came off as amazing.  I feel so fortunate and happy that we were able to make this band work out the way it did.

We also had a volleyball tournament, and my team went undefeated (3-0), so of course that added to the awesomeness of this festival.  There was also a shipbuilding and ship racing competition going on, but we had enough stuff to keep us busy, so we missed out on that.  The water was great, the other bands were fantastic, and the people were wonderful. 

We ended the night with an acoustic jam session on the beach for a couple hours which was also awesome.  I played most of the time, then a couple others took turns playing my guitar.  Afterwards we cashed in on our free hotel room voucher that we got for playing 2 little shows there.  Now I'm getting ready to head out on a backpacking trip around SK, so I should have some good stuff to share after that :]


Here is one of my good friends Rachel and I during the volleyball portion of the festival.  I clearly didn't have my sunglasses on, haha.


Here is us doing one of Tom's original songs, "Just Space."


I really like this picture :)


Here is Karaoke Dokey playing a great set!


Here is Maria and the Ulsan Pinoy band!  They played while there was a fireworks show over the water.  It was AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment