Monday, June 11, 2012

Jake Jimmy Kim's Little Blog!

As I mentioned in my last post there are always students that like to talk to me before or after class, which I think is great.  One student in particular is in my after school class that is made up entirely of 3rd graders, which are pretty low level in English proficiency.  This boy 김지환 (Kim Ji Whan) is one of the brightest little ones I have, and is always excited to show off the English skills that he has learned so far (which is the most in the class).  I do have to remind him that he is my student and not my friend sometimes, but he is always hanging out in my classroom for about an hour before class.  He enjoys looking at my blog (whenever I happen to be looking at or posting in it), and asked today: "Where's my blog?"  I laughed, thought about it, and then told him that it'd be here soon.

After I finished a school related task, I created another blog, entitled "Jake Jimmy Kim's Little Blog."  (Jake Jimmy Kim is the English name we picked for him a few weeks ago.)  There is only one very short post because, even though I will help and instruct him, every word of that blog will be typed by him.  I'm not sure how often we will be able to update his blog, but I hope to have him write in it every time he comes to class early.  I think it is great practice for him, as writing is the most difficult part of learning a language (out of reading/writing/listening/speaking).  

Also since we are now sharing my blog ID, I decided it was only fair to let him share my profile picture as well.  If you ever have an interest in checking his updates, the link to his blog is on my profile, as well as below.



Here is photo from a few months ago.  김병진 (Kim Byong Jin) is wearing my fedora and that is Jake Jimmy Kim on the right with Mr. Park's guitar :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment