Monday, June 4, 2012

Billiards Car Crash! :O

A while back, maybe 1-2 months ago, I was walking to Taekwondo from the other end of my neighborhood after running a couple errands.  It is pretty unusual for me to be on that side of the street at this time, so it is a crazy coincidence that there happened to be an accident there that night.  I noticed that there was a big crowd of people and a police car up ahead, so I checked it out.  Now one of the wonderful things about Korea is the super low crime rate, so this was the first time I'd seen a police car actually dealing with a crime/incident.  As I approached the scene I saw that a billiards hall was completely missing its front bay windows and door!  Someone had apparently ran their car INTO the pool hall, backed out, and continued on their way.  I can only speculate as to whether the driver had been drunk or not (but come on, he/she had to have been), and I don't know if they ever caught anyone for it.  I did snap a couple pictures of it from that night, and then later once it was all fixed up.  It was quite crazy, and I'm just glad I wasn't walking there 5-10 minutes earlier when the driver was navigating through my neighborhood in such a reckless manner.  Phew!


What a mess!


The Korean cop car.  They always have their lights on when they drive, but apparently not when they park at a crime scene..



The pool hall all fixed up.

1 comment:

  1. I chuckled as I was reading the caption about how the Korean police apparently don't keep their lights on at a crime scene. Lucky you were not there during the crash.

    ReplyDelete