Sunday, April 29, 2012

Brown Belt Test!

I am continuing to move on up through the ranks in Taekwondo, and have just recently attained my brown belt!  I have gone down to 2 days a week, and have had an injured foot, but Master Lee is still allowing me to progress at a constant rate.  I told him I was willing to take the black belt test in September, but he is giving me the option to take it on June 30th or on September 29th.  If I pass the black belt test, I can then decide if I'd like to work towards a second degree black belt, which would take about 1 additional year of training.  I have not decided or committed yet, but I think I will go for the black belt in June and continue working towards the second 'don!' 

Here are some videos from the test.  I had to do poomses 1-7, and break 3 boards.  I was prepared to start poomse 1 and Master Lee told me 'okay, poomse 7.  Go.'  I was like.. ummm ooops!  I messed up, totally threw me off.  I recovered though and did pretty well on everything.  If you pay attention you can catch a mistake or two that I fixed quickly.  Since poomses 1-5 are in previous posts, I will share videos of poomse 6 (which I learned for the blue belt test), poomse 7, which was for this test, and the board 'smashy.' 


Here is Poomse 6.


This is Poomse 7.


And here is my destroying 3 boards.  I'll admit though, my hand was throbbing for 10 minutes!  haha

So it looks like I will take my red belt test next month, and then step up my training in June for the black belt test.  It is hard to find time to do the extra practicing right now, as all of my free time is going into practicing for the band, but I will have to make time if I want to make it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment