Sunday, November 4, 2012

Puff the Magic Dragon & Hero!

An exciting part of my teaching job does continue to be the English pop songs that I get to teach my kids on a daily basis.  There are more in the works now, but the most recent songs we have finished are "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter Paul and Mary and "Hero" by Mariah Carey.  Enjoy!


Here is Puff the Magic Dragon.  The fourth graders are doing it as well, but I only see them once a week (I see third grade twice a week), so the fourth grade edition will pop up on my You Tube channel in a few weeks.


Here is Hero, which I was really happy about doing.  I love the message behind it, and I love how into it they get.  Unfortunately the 6th graders could not get excited about this one (too slow for them I guess), so they are moving on to the next song already.  I also decided to use my guitar and amp from my apartment, because sometimes the students (5th graders in particular) get so loud that you can't really hear the guitar in the video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment