Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Purple Belt!

I am happy to report that I have just attained my purple belt!  I was a little worried because the 'basic action' is always hard to remember.  I can look up the 'poomses' on YouTube, but the basic action is up to the individual Taekwondo instructor.  I did pretty good, but I still go a little too fast.  I even feel like I'm slowing myself down; then see in the video that I need to improve on my 'tempo.'  It is not a big deal now, but they are a little less lenient for the black belt test, so now is the time to improve on this.


This test consisted of the new basic action, poomses 3, 4 and 5, and then the 'board smashi.'  No kick test this time around (the easiest part).

You will also notice that the Taekwondo studio just had a renovation over this past weekend, and now has padded walls, and a new look.  

Also, an acquaintance of mine, Norah who hiked Gaji San with me, just asked me about doing Taekwondo.  After talking with her and Master Lee a bit, it looks like she will be joining my studio after I return from Japan next week, so I won't be the only waygooken (foreigner) there!  Pretty cool stuff.


Random shot at the end of the session.


No comments:

Post a Comment